Tips for Frameless Mounting
Frameless Mounting prints are a fab no-muss, no-fuss way to get a great finished piece of artwork up on your walls. Premium photo paper prints mounted to solid MDF make for great quality prints in an easy-to-display format. Here are the DOs and DON'Ts of Frameless Mounting to help you with this product:
- DO choose any type of image! The premium photo paper used in this produce is great for all types of images and all types of subject matter.
- DO select this product if your are printing a very high resolution, finely detailed image. Since Frameless Mounts include images printed on photo paper prints, they will provide ultimate fidelity to the image content.
- DO check your edges. Frameless Mounts are mounted to the MDF board where edges are burnished down and the sides of the board bevelled after mounting. This process will cause approximately 1/8" of image and size loss per edge. Make sure any important details (like a signature or watermark) is placed a safe distance from the edge of the image.
- DON'T select this product if your image is a bit on the lower resolution end of the spectrum. Products with a more textured surface like our Canvas Prints will be more forgiving of lower resolution photos and mask some of the softness in the image.
- DON'T include fine or narrow borders on your image. In the mounting process, narrow borders may end up trimmed unevenly or lost entirely in the final print.